Thursday, June 24, 2010

Insanity Workout

Last Friday was my last day with the Wrigley Company.  Now that I've got some extra time on my hands, I decided to try out this Insanity Workout from Beach Body Fitness recommended by my old trainer, Randy.  There's been a lot of hype and talk about this program so I figured I'd try it out.

Last night, Ernie and I did the first fit test.  My results were pathetic and today my back is completely sore.  Sigh. I've got a long way to go.

Here are the results:
1. Switch Kicks: 48
2. Power Jacks: 38
3. Power Knees: 50
4. Power Jumps: 24
5. Globe Jumps: 6
6. Suicide Jumps: 15
7. Push-Up Jacks: 12
8. Low Plank Oblique: 20

We're supposed to do this fit test every two weeks. The whole program goes for 60 days and is pretty intense.  I'll try to keep you updated on the results but so far, I'm feeling out of shape and blubbery!

3 comments:

Chad W. said...

I'm doing P90X (from the same company) for the second time now. I was thinking of doing a P90X/Insanity hybrid after I'm done. Let me know how you like it. I might have to start eating more so I don't blow away though.

Cindy said...

Yeah I was thinking you looked skinnier! Insanity is definitely bananas. I can get you a free copy if you're interested. I still can't get through even one workout going at the intensity of Shawn T. Great workouts though!! Shall we have some Dawali together soon?

Chad W. said...

Oh, no! I'm trying to look "bigger" not skinnier! :-( Oh, well. But I'm sure when you say "skinnier" what you mean is "more toned." :-) Free you say? That would be awesome. I'm up for Dawali just about any time!