Homemade apple sauce is delicious and fresh. Plus, you know it's much healther than the pre-packed versions that sit on the grocery shelves for months. This is a super-easy recipe.
2 Cinnamon Sticks
4 Large Golden Delicious Apples, peeled, cored and chopped
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1) Fill 4-quart stockpot with 1 inch of water and insert a steamer basket.
2) Place cinnamon sticks in basket and bring water to boil.
3) Add apples and cook for 20 min until soft.
4) Cool for 5 min and place in food processer. Puree until smooth.
5) Stir in vanilla and chill for 30 min before serving.