You should REALLY try this chili - it is easiest the best chili recipe we have made! Bison meat is super healthy compared to regular beef. If you don't like bison, you can try grass fed beef. We have also used a low fat ground turkey that produced equally as delicious results.
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small white onion, chopped
1 large green pepper, diced
1/2 cup celery, diced
2 lbs ground bison
2 medium size garlic cloves, minced or pressed
1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
1 can diced plum tomatoes (28oz)
1 can tomato sauce (14 oz)
1 can tomato paste (5.5 oz)
3 tbsp chili powder
3 bay leaves
1 tsp dry oregano
1 tsp dry basil
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1. Put oil in large saucepan. On medium-high heat, saute onion, green pepper and celery until onion is just beginning to soften.
2. Add bison. Stir and cook until bison is completely cooked.
3. Stir in garlic, diced tomato, tomato sauce, tomato paste, chili, bay leaf, oregano, basil, cumin and jalapeno pepper. Allow chili to come to boil, then reduce to simmer.
4. Cook stirring occasionally for the next 30 minutes.
5. Removed Bay Leaf and Serve.
Modified from http://www.bisonbasics.com/