Thursday, March 24, 2011

Wish me Luck

I started another new diet on Sunday. "Geez, what's new?" you say? But honestly, I haven't lost 1 lb since the start of the year and I am definitely not going to make my goal wedding weight unless I get serious.  Even with all my workouts and the new Warp Speed Fat loss, I haven't lost any weight. I have, however, increased my endurance significantly and cut about 45 sec off my mile pace. My clothes fit better and my stomach is down more than 2" which was my biggest problem area.

I'm using a 1300 calorie plan from my old Sports Nutritionist.  The meal plan has a good balance of all of food groups, with an emphasis on protein.  The food scale is a new staple on our countertop with my TI-30x calculator to help.  I didn't realize how my portions have grown over the last few years and I was probably consuming closer to 2000 cals/day which is way too much for my age/weight and activity level.

Three and a half days down. I am pretty hungry. It should take a little while for my stomach to adjust to the smaller portions and I know the first week is always the most difficult. I'm down 2.5 lbs since Sunday but it's probably mostly water weight.

The real task is making it through the weekend and not gaining it all back since that's basically been my M.O.  We like to go out to eat on the weekends, but we'll really have to cut that back now.  It will be a good excuse to save money too.

Stay Tuned...

No comments: