Prep Time: 20 min
Makes 4 servings
1 store-bought rotisserie chicken still warm
2 32-oz containers low-sodium chicken broth
1 small red onion, finely chopped
2 jalapenos, seeded and thinly sliced
2 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 cup corn kernels, thawed if frozen
A couple of handfulls of tortilla chips
1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
1 ripe avocado, roughly chopped
1 cup crumbled chihuahua cheese
1 lime, cut into wedges
- Remove and discard skin from the chicken.
- Shred the chicken meat and add it to the broth in a saucepan, along with the onion, jalapenos, and tomatoes. Cook over medium heat and cook until boiling.
- Add corn and heat until warmed through, about 3 minutes.
- Place some of the tortilla chips in each of 4 bowls.
- Ladle in the soup and top with cilantro, avocado, cheese and remaining chips.
- Serve the lime wedges on the side.