2 cups Almond Flour
1/2 cup Flaxseed Meal
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice mixture
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
6 eggs, beaten
4 tablespoons coconut flour, gently melted (or you can use butter but it's not as healthy)
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup coconut flakes (optional but adds nice texture)
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips (optional, not used in the picture)
Aluminum foil muffin liners
- Preaheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sift flour, flaxseed meal, baking sodia, salt and spices into small bowl. Stir well and set aside.
- Place pumpkin puree in mixing bowl.
- One by one, crack the eggs into the bowl, mixing well with the pumpkin after each egg added.
- Add melted coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Mix thoroughly.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture and blend well with whisk until moist and flour lumps are gone.
- Gently fold in coconut flakes and dark chocolate chips if using.
- Spoon into muffin pan lined with foil muffin liners to 2/3 full. The muffins won't really rise much.
- Bake for 20-25 min until golden brown and toothpick inserted into center of muffin is clean when removed.
- Cool on wire rack. Serve warm or room temperature.