Monday, March 1, 2010

You know your condo is messy when...

I really must be losing it.

Last night circa 11:30pm, I couldn't find my purse. My 2 bed / 2 bath condo is not very large and I scoured it for my well-worn Kate Spade to no avail. Before reaching full-panic-mode, I called Ernie. We confirmed that I must have left the black-and-white Noel print purse on the counter at Whole Foods after we took a snack break. I was feeling very anxious as I hate losing anything - much less my wallet that has all kinds of valuable information such as credit cards and my driver's license. UGH.

I quickly looked up Whole Foods' website to see when the Boys Town location would open in the morning. Phew, 8am. I could get to Whole Foods and still make it to work by 9am, provided that I found my purse.

With so much anxiety, I couldn't fall asleep until 1:30am. Three wacky dreams about finding my purse, not finding my purse, finding a purse but not my purse... I had a very restless night to say the least. It was 5am and I woke up without being able to fall asleep despite my exhaustion and knowing I had 3 hours til opening time at WF. I laid in bed until 5:45am when I finally gave in to my alertness.

After showering, I unloaded the dishwasher, folded laundry, and cleaned the kitchen. By 7:30am, I was on to cleaning the living room. Under a pile of jewelry making supplies and the binder that holds our cost sheets and excess inventory... low-and-behold = my purse.

I had remembered to bring home my purse from Whole Foods after all.

It's really bad when your place is so messy that you begin to think you've left your most valued possessions at the grocery store. I hope I don't find myself leaving my kids there in a few years.

No comments: