Monday, March 1, 2010

Gwyneth Paltrow on CLEAN


My Co-Worker Jessica gave me this magazine article from the Jan 11, 2010 issue of US.   This was a comparison of several diets including The Blueprint Cleanse, Jenny Craig, Five Squares and The Skinnygirl Dish.  The text on the above image is rather small so here's what it says:

If you... Have big goals and bigger willpower
Try: The Clean Program
What it is: This doctor-devised three-week plan requries you to have two shakes and one meal a day (1100 to 1500 calories).  ($350, cleanprogram.com)

Celeb Fans: Donna Karan, Gwyneth Paltrow

Sample Menu:
Breakfast: Shake made from brown-rice protein powder, plus herbal supplements in pill form to curb cravings and facilitate fat burning

Lunch: Stir-fried chicken and veggies with buckwheat noodles plus herbal supplements. Vegetarian option: Cucumber and carrot slices served with hummus, tabbouleh and marinated kale with radish and pine nuts, plus herbal supplements. (Recipes are included with the plan.)

Dinner: Shake made from brown-rice protein powder, plus more herbal supplements.

PROS: Weight loss is pretty much garanteed if you follow it.
CONS: You might be hungry and likely to regain pounds after.

"I dropped the extra pounds," Paltrow wrote after finishing The Clean Program.  "I feel pure and happy and much lighter."

---------------
I agree with Paltrow. You do drop some extra pounds and feel much lighter.  In fact, I lost a pant size and rewarded myself with a new pair of jeans (to replace the two that ripped in the last two months).  I just hope I still fit into the jeans once I'm off the plan.  I will continue to keep some of the habits including liquid dinners every now and then and the 12 hour span between dinner and the next day's breakfast to enhance the natural detox.

No comments: