Wednesday, April 28, 2010

thinkThin Dessert Bar - Chocolate Covered Strawberries

I reluctantly picked up a "thinkThin" dessert bar in the Chocolate Covered Strawberry flavor. I had several of the thinkThin bars before - mainly their chocolate and peanut butter varieties - and have been dissappointed. Usually the texture is so disgusting that it reminds you of the original style Powerbars that were aweful. Ernie couldn't even manage to eat a full Chocolate Brownie bar.

However, I was pleasantly surprised by this new flavor variant.  The bar was sizeable, comparable to a Luna bar or other mainstream protein bars.  I was attracted to the flavor name since very few bars have strawberry flavors.  At first bite, you taste a faint hint of strawberry coupled with the chocolate exterior coating. It looks similar to a 3 Musketeers bar with the soft and fluffy center covered in dark chocolate.  With an additional bonus of 15grams of protein, the bar kept me rather full for three or four hours which is much longer than others that I've tried. 

Overall, this product gets a 7 out of 10. I'd try it again, but there are so many other bars to choose from. I haven't landed on one favorite brand just yet!

$1.99
200 calories

No comments: