Thursday, July 15, 2010

Boca Burgers - NOT gluten free!

Earlier this week I was having some unexplained GI issues. Luckily, there were no joint/muscle pains to speak of.  I figured out what was causing the issue - Boca Burgers. This may explain why I felt like I wanted to throw up after the Insanity Workout session on Monday!

My new company's cafe serves Boca burgers at the grill station so I ordered one up (no bun) thinking I'd be free of gluten for my lunch. Yesterday while getting groceries I saw Boca in the refrigerated section anad decided to look at the ingredients.  I was sadly disappionted to see that they do infact have wheat:

Ingredients: WATER, SOY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, REDUCED FAT CHEDDAR CHEESE (PASTEURIZED PART-SKIM MILK, CHEESE CULTURE, SLAT, ENZYMES, ANNATTO (COLOR), VITAMIN A PALMITATE), WHEAT GLUTEN, CORN OIL, CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF METHYLCELLULOSE, HYDROLYZED CORN PROTEIN, WHEAT GLUTEN AND SOY PROTEIN, SALT, CARAMEL COLOR, CHEESE POWDER (CHEDDAR CHEESE, [MILK, CHEESE CULTURE, SALT, ENZYMES], CREAM, SALT, SODIUM PHOSPHATE, LACTIC ACID), DRIED ONIONS, YEAST EXTRACT, NATURAL FLAVOR (NON-MEAT), SESAME OIL, DISODIUM GUANYLATE, DISODIUM INOSINATE. BROWNED IN CORN OIL. CONTAINS: SOY, MILK, WHEAT, SESAME.

I love Boca burgers but they will have to go on my "can't eat" list.  So long Boca!

No comments: