Friday, July 30, 2010

Gluten Free Beer: Redbridge

There's LOTS of love for gluten-free living this week from friends & family.

Thanks goes to Sandra for forwarding along a tip on Gluten-Free Beer: Redbridge!  Her sister is gluten free so I'm pretty excited to have another source of info on good tips & ticks.

"I play on a Beer league co-ed softball team on Thursdays and I was at the liquor store Paternos, by my house / Ernie's house, and I picked up Gluten Free Beer for my sister. Redbridge made by Anheuser-Busch. I'd have to say it was pretty tasty. It is an ale beer. So if you are missing the taste of beer give it a try.

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art30583.asp



Anheuser-Busch – Brewed at the Merrimack, New Hampshire facility, Redbridge is now available throughout the USA

Redbridge - Redbridge pours a deep honey gold, with a creamy, eggshell head that settles like a gauzy veil over the surface. Effervescent bubbles rise through the glass in a constant stream. Initial aromas are of light malt and a tempered, gentle nuttiness. Some florals rise in the nose. The tongue interprets flavors that echo as a softened pale ale, without the characteristic grassy, earthy flavors of more intense cultivars of sorghum. Cascade hops are not initially prominent in the foreground, but provide a lingering, bitter presence at the back end,"

Honestly, I don't know what beer tastes like (haven't had it in over 10 years) and that was the first time I realized I had some allergy.  Anyway, I don't miss the taste of beer, but some of you may!

I also hear they serve this at one beer stand at the Coors stadium out in Denver.  Seems weird that a Coors stadium serves an AB beer but has a JV with SABMiller...

No comments: