Thursday, January 14, 2010

The comments you get on Facebook

Cindy Hello, my name is Cindy. I have been gluten-free for 241 days. I can walk w/o muscle/joint pain. My active heart rate reduced from 207 to 185. Tummy does not have dehabilitating pains. Random hives no longer visit for weeks on end. I eat Asian, Mexican, and yummy gluten-free pizza. It is nice to live a (mostly) normal life! I want to start a gluten-free food joint bc I believe in sharing good health!
December 8, 2009 at 4:17pm

Aditya, Larry, Sandra, Mary Ellen, Steve, Rebecca, Jessica, and Lauren Elyse like this.

Jessica
OMG - ME TOO!! i had a few surgeries over the summer, lost a lot of weight (that i couldn't really afford to lose), and the intolerance was finally found in september. i've been thinking about gf cooking classes. take care! ♥
December 8, 2009 at 4:52pm ·

Shaun
Wow I tried that too. Can u honestly say gluten free pizza is good?
December 8, 2009 at 5:26pm ·

Winston
I eat gluten everyday, I enjoy my nutritional source of protein
December 8, 2009 at 5:54pm ·

Heidi
a friend of a friend begins chef school next month for the same reason.
December 8, 2009 at 7:13pm ·

Thuy
I think that is a wonderful idea!!! Go for it...you would do great. And congrats to your success.
December 8, 2009 at 9:17pm ·

Toni
A majority of Americans have gluten allergy and do not know it. Digestive issues are a HUGE problem in the States. They put gluten in everything as a thickener. You are so lucky because there are tons of foods available now. Congrats to your colon being healthy!!
December 9, 2009 at 7:27am ·

Craig
That's awesome. You know, Katie can't have wheat either, so we should have a gluten free dinner sometime!
December 9, 2009 at 8:21am ·

Cindy
Jess - Thankfully I didn't have any surgeries, however, I would have gladly accepted some weight loss :) Happy for you that you figured it out!
Shaun - Yep, this place in Chicago owned by my friend's parents make REALLY good gluten free pizza. last time I went, I ordered 5 pizzas!Winnie - not fair. we have the same genes.
Heidi - maybe I should hire your friend...
Thuy - thanks! Miss you!...
Toni - I know! Shocking how many foods have flour in it!
Craig - for sure. early 2010?? It's a double date!
http://liveglutenfreely.com/
December 9, 2009 at 9:53am ·

Christina
Do you have celiac or just an intolerance? My BIL has celiac and it's no fun. :)
December 9, 2009 at 10:17am ·

Sandra
All the websites, restaurants, recipes, and comments about being gluten free are greatly appreciated. Good job Cindy!! It is not an easy thing to do.
December 9, 2009 at 10:54am ·

Cindy
CK: I never did the intestine biopsy for celiac. Scars on my tummy are not necessary so I have no conclusive evidence.
Sandra - I think it's actually more difficult on Ernie's mom who is always offering bagels, sweets and breads! I feel so bad and I really want to eat it. I caved on the stuffing during turkey day. She's so cute getting gluten free menus from places so we can have dinner together!
December 9, 2009 at 12:30pm ·

Annemarie
As an alternative to the biopsy, you might consider the genetic test for celiac. I had it after my sis was diagnosed earlier this year; my mom's been living with it for almost 40 years. Luckily, I am negative. It was expensive for me do to the insurance plan we have, but worth knowing.
December 13, 2009 at 7:58pm ·

No comments: