Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Hands Down - Best GF Pizza at Aurelios


My co-worker's parents own a local franchise of Aurelios Pizza. One day, she came into work bearing gifts - a gluten free sausage pizza.

All I can say is YUM. I still crave them.

We proceeded to take the long journey over to La Grange the following Saturday night for dinner. Ernie's co-worker Peter joined us for the action.

I ordered a warm, scrumptious sausage and pepperoni pizza. The gluten free pizzas come only in personal size 8" squares so Ernie and Peter could eat their own delicious pizza.

The combination of the sweet corn-based crust and the slightly spicy tomato sauce was perfect. The crust was not exactly soft and doughy like normal pizza crust, but it was a nice translation of a gluten-based food into gluten-free. It still had a little flaky feel and wasn't gritty or crumbled like other gluten-free foods. Plus, you can get whatever toppings you want from a whole list of options!

Honestly, it was so good, I ordered four 'par-baked' personal pizzas to go. I froze them for when I wanted to fill my pizza appetite but didn't want to drive the hour to La Grange. A few minutes in the oven at 350 degrees and you're good to go! Just like in the restaurant.

Aurelios Pizza
11 Calendar Court
LaGrange, IL, 60525
phone 708.579.0900

No comments: