Last night, we had a make-up class for Entr New Ventures. Normally class is on Monday but due to MLK day, it was rescheduled to yesterday. While Friday night classes can be tiring, yesterday was particularly challenging. I had an 8am call with Western Europe for work which meant that I needed to be in the office by 7:45am. Our Ad Agency kindly brought bagels and doughnuts.
Then a full day of meetings and off to a three hour class on a Friday night. It happened to be pizza party day. Pizza and beer delivered right to our classroom! Every quarter students look forward to free pizza in class, what could be better?!
Except when you have a gluten-allergy and your boyfriend is cooking dinner for you after class. So I sat in the aroma of pizza for a solid three hours with only a yogurt from the nearest 7-11 to tide me over.
Anyhow, moving on to more exciting things... Ernie made a Sausage and Jalapeno Breakfast Skillet for lunch!
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 15 min
3 Eggs, beaten
1/4 lb Italian Sausage, crumbled
1 Plum Tomato, cubed
1 Redskin Potato, cubed
1/2 Jalapeno Pepper, chopped
1/4 cup Red Onion, chopped
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Heat the skillet with butter - or olive oil for a healthier option.
2. Add Potato, mix and cook until almost soft. (7 min)
3. Add Italian Sausage. Cook until there's no more pink. (5 min)
4. Add Red Onion and Jalapeno Pepper. Cook until onion is soft. (2 min)
5. Add eggs and tomato. Cook until eggs are no longer runny. (2 min)
6. Salt & Pepper to taste