Muddy Buddies are so easy to make, and are a fantastic snack for road trips or for the 2:30pm snack to get you through the day. With Gluten-Free Corn and Rice Chex, you can have a crispy, chocolaty, peanut buttery, sugary snack that you'll adore!
I can't promise they are a low-cal option for those trying to lose weight. Especially because you'll crave more and more...
Muddy Buddy Chex
9 Cups Corn Chex or Rice Chex (Gluten-free!)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips - I use Tollhouse
1/2 cup peanut butter - I have to be honest, I haven't tried using organic PB yet
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1. Measure Chex into a large bowl and set aside
2. In a 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, PB and butter uncovered on High for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla.
3. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2 gallon resealable ziplock bag.
4. Add powdered sugar to the bag while the Chex is still warm. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. (it works on cookie sheets too).
5. Store in airtight container in refrigerator
If there's only one of you eating the snack (chances are slim that someone else won't want these tasty treats), I suggest cutting the recipe in half or even a quarter if necessary.