Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day 2: Elimination Diet

DAY: 2
LBS TO GOAL: 1.8

Well, I'm into this thing just a few days and have lost 3.2 lbs from my goal of 5 lbs. Either I've set my goal too low, or you lose all of the weight in the first few days. I suppose it could just be excess water carried in my fat cells... We'll see what the next few days brings us.
BREAKFAST: Energy Smoothie with Almond Butter and Cardamom1/2 cup almond butter
2 cardamom pods or 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
1 1/2 cups water
1 cup frozen peaches
1-2 teaspoons agave syrup
1/2 cup ice

The smoothie was 'eh' but very filling. I had to sub frozen mixed berries in for the frozen peaches since I apparently forgot to buy frozen peaches. You can taste the cardamom which is an interesting ethnic spice taste, and a cooling effect afterwards. I drank this smoothie right after my workout and it kept me so full all morning that I didn't end up eating lunch until 12:45pm.

LUNCH: Lime Chicken with Quinoa Salad
The last of the leftover Quinoa Salad. Still super yummy - I'll have to go pick up more currants and scallions to make more.
For the Chicken, I cubed them into 1" cubes and placed them on a baking sheet. Then, I drizzled olive oil to cover and squeezed the juice of half a lime to marinate. Baked at 450 degrees for 5 minutes, reduced heat to 350 and baked an additional 8 minutes. The cubes of chicken were moist and tender, perfect to throw on top of the Quinoa Salad for some extra protein.
I wasn't hungry all afternoon. In fact, I didn't have my Juice Snack until 6pm at the start of class tonight.

SNACK: Carrot Ginger Juice
2 Carrots
1 inch Ginger Root, peeled
1 tree of broccoli
1 green apple
1/2 cucumber
I liked this juice - it was my first 'go' at making up my own concoction but I knew apples would sweeten the mix and ginger would add a hint of spice and heat. When I make this again, I would reduce the amount of ginger to 1/2 inch because the flavor was overbearing. You can barely taste the broccoli or cucumber, though the juice comes out looking rather green.
DINNER: Green Smoothie #2
1 cup Spinach
1/2 cup Pineapple cubed
1/2 cup Mango
1/2 Avocado
1/2 cup Ice
1 cup Almond Milk
1 tsp Agave Syrup

This green smoothie was another random mixing by Cindy. It was quite good with a hint of sweetness from the pineapple. The texture was light and fluffy probably due to the avocado. It was pretty easy and discreet to drink during class.

The tough part is this whole 12 hour fasting portion. It's 10pm and I'm hungry though I had the juice and smoothie at 6pm and 7:30pm respectively. Maybe it's because I had an old habit of eating a snack after I got home from class, so I'm used to the late night snacking.

What's helping me avoid the kitchen is the pungent smell the trash can has started to emit. Because of all the fruit and veggie rinds it smells like a compost pile. Yuck.

Clean: The Revolutionary Program to Restore the Body's Natural Ability to Heal Itself

No comments: