Monday, February 15, 2010

Day of Focus Groups

DAY: 15
LBS TO GOAL: 1

I spent the day in focus groups, which usually means I need to pack all my foods for the day so I don't get caught up eating the peanut M&M's or other random candies laying around. I did, however, manage to chew 5 sticks of gum... and identify a core concept benefit for my new project.  I wish I had something more witty and exciting to say but I'm exhausted.  Maybe tomorrow if you're lucky.

BREAKFAST: Chocolate Almond Smoothie
2 cups Almond Milk
1/3 cup Almond Butter
1/2 cup Ice
1 tablespoon Agave Syrup
2 tablespoons Cacao Powder

Breakfast smoothie was so great and filling that I didn't eat lunch til 2pm!  You could probably make half this recipe and be sufficient for a breakfast drink.  It tasted like a chocolate shake, yum!

LUNCH: Lamb Patty with Cabbage Savoy Salad

Lamb Patties
1 lb ground lamb
3 garlic cloves
1/4 chopped parsley
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon olive oil

Mix ingredients in bowl and form patties with hands.  Cook patties in olive oil over medium heat to taste. We made ours medium-well where there wasn't any pink left and the patties were warm all the way through.
While I usually don't like lamb, this was great while hot (we made them last night) but left a little to be desired eating them the day after.  I can't stand the gamey smell of the lamb and after being refrigerated overnight, the smell must have intensified. On the whole, I would for sure eat this warm next time!

Cabbage Savoy Salad:
1/2 head of Cabbage Savoy (purple cabbage), shaved
1 cucumber, seeded and diced
1/2 cup parsley, chopped

Dressing:
Juice of 2 lemons
1/4 cup olive oil
1 clove of garlic, pressed
salt to taste

Combine ingredients for dressing in a bowl.  Mix veggies in a larger bowl and add dressing on top. We made this recipe up - it's not very challenging to prepare.

Cabbage savoy reminds me of a resturant we went to in Capetown back in 2008. Easily the best resturant of our 2 week Southern African trip and I've recommended it to many!  I loved southern Africa! Maybe I'll write a post about it later when Chris and Louisa head down!

DINNER: Pear and half a zucchino
I was pretty full from lunch and having eaten lunch so late, I wasn't really hungry by dinnertime. But it's 11:30pm now and I'm getting hungry. I better go off to bed!

What the heck happened to spell check on blogger?  This post must be chock full of spelling errors. Sorry about that!

Clean: The Revolutionary Program to Restore the Body's Natural Ability to Heal Itself

No comments: