Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Exhausted

DAY: 9
LBS TO GOAL: 1.8

I've been exhausted lately. Even though I'm able to log 7-8 hours of sleep a night, I still find myself groggy and extremely tired throughout the day. Last night, I could barely make it through class. We had a speaker come in and talk about Venture Capitol and share stories of his Entrepreneurial successes and failures. I was dozing off even though I really wanted to pay attention and learn. It was tough...

Take another example. Last Friday I was so tired I fell asleep on my couch at 6pm. Ernie came over at 7:30pm and I had planned to have dinner ready for us to eat. He came in to find me dead to the world, not even able to wake me up with prodding and nuzzling. It wasn't til 8:30pm that I woke up and was still able to fall asleep at midnight for a full ten hours.

The CLEAN program says that you will have tremendous energy, needing 6-7 hours of sleep to get you through the day. I can't wait for that to start happening.

BREAKFAST:
I made a really weird concoction for breakfast today - carrots, squash, peaches, mango and pine nuts. I have to wait til 10am to drink it though, since I ate so late last night. Let's just hope it doesn't taste anything like the green smoothies. I'm not sure I'd be able to choke it down if it did.

The smoothie was OK, a nice change from the green smoothies. The downside is that it smelled like squash and had an aftertaste of pine nuts. The actual flavor was OK, mostly like carrots.

LUNCH:
Katie and I went down to Motel Bar. Same Same, different day. Grilled chicken with a side salad.


DINNER:
Blueberry, Mango, Peach smoothie with almond milk. It kept me full all through class! I still had to have a little snack when I got back home which consisted of celery and half a pickle. I know you aren't supposed to eat solid foods so late at night. Honestly, these 14 hour days are brutal.

Clean: The Revolutionary Program to Restore the Body's Natural Ability to Heal Itself

No comments: