Sunday, February 28, 2010

One Year Anniversary

DAY: 27
LBS TO GOAL: 0.2

Today is our one year anniversary.  Ernie made me a very sweet card :) he's great at making cards!

We celebrated by going to lunch with Dan and Liz at Dawali Kitchen. I think their falafel is so delicious!

Other stops of the day: Best Buy where Ernie bought the new XX CD; Barnes and Nobel where we looked at travel books for Iceland and Volunteer Tourism; Verizon where I was so close to buying the HTC Droid.

We closed the evening heading down to the James Hotel for Rebecca's 25th birthday party. It's quite a nice hotel but the drinks were outrageously priced.  At least we were still on the CLEAN program so we couldn't drink but still ended up spending $20 on four soda waters.  It was nice to catch up with some of the Wrigley people I don't often see at the office.

The night ended by watching The Hurt Locker.  What an amazing film!  I was actually surprised at the end to learn that it was directed by a woman. Not that I don't think a woman can direct a war movie, but it takes a lot of male insight to bring to life the anxiety and anguish of these very masculine war heros.  I'm not sure why no one went to see it in the theaters but I can definitely see why it's up for best picture along with Avatar.  These are two of the best movies I've seen in quite a long time.

No comments: